Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Neuf.

What’s more irritating than the human species, you ask? Simple! It’s one that needs to know everything. By this I don’t mean the respectable pursuit of knowledge found in universities, but on a more common level. It’s the need of the human species to know everything their fellow human is doing within their day-to-day lives.

The other day I was on the train, a routine I do almost daily, when I decided to play a game of break breaker on my phone. Not the most thrilling game, but one nonetheless helps in passing time. During this time a young man sits next to me. Choosing not to pay attention to him, I continue to play my game when I notice him looking over my shoulder. Let me correct myself here: he was staring at what I was doing on my phone.

I don’t like to be watched by others. The government already watches me without my authorization I’m sure, so I think that’s already enough. So, feeling his presence I decided to exit my game. I can still feel him watching my activity on my phone. I get the brilliant idea of opening my memo pad, where I can write notes to myself, and figure to teach this young watchful man to mind his own business.

In my memo pad, in which at this time he now also staring at, I decide to indirectly communicate with this man. “Hi, do you have a fucking problem, sir?” I write. I follow this sentence by looking at him stone-faced.

This man is either not dedicated to his field of being nosey, or he had had enough of my antics because right after this episode he abruptly got up and moved to another seat. His face was in complete shock and I love it! Even now I replay the event in my head and summon the very same joyful reaction as I had the first time.

I’m quite sure he’ll next time elect to stare at the ground.

No comments: